E.A. Young Academy is an accredited not-for-profit, private academy created to generate transformative change to meet the needs of the K-12 gifted, talented, and high ability scholar.
E.A. Young Academy develops innovative, problem solving, compassionate stewards of our global community.
• The essential purpose of education is to empower learners to fully develop their talents and abilities.
• Education must cultivate creativity, critical thinking, innovation and problem solving skills.
• The leaders of tomorrow must learn to be idealistic, pragmatic, holistic, action-oriented, compassionate, and purposeful.
• An effective education promotes not only content mastery, but also the non-cognitive factors of grit, tenacity, and perseverance.
At E.A. Young, we are passionate about kids. Creativity expert Sir Ken Robinson challenges the way we are educating our children. He champions a radical rethink of our school systems to cultivate creativity and acknowledge multiple types of intelligence. At E.A. Young, we too believe it’s time to change the paradigm. Scholar centric education starts with detailed, multi-dimensional information about where each child is on his/her learning journey. At E.A. Young, matching curriculum with the learning styles, expression styles, interests, and abilities of scholars is central to creating life-long learners. Instructional strategies are adapted to each scholar’s specific learning needs.
Strategies for Each Scholar:
• Differentiated, personalized, individualized instruction
• Alignment with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) Standards
• Learning driven by a constructivist pedagogy
• A technology-infused environment
• 21st Century Skills
• Authentic assessment
The E.A. Young Academy instructional model is specifically designed to increase scholar engagement, deepen integration and understanding, promote active learning, and ensure future academic success.